The Ontario Provincial Government has proposed a fee increase for water bottlers. In a short video titled, “Canadian Bottled Water, Our Story,” the Canadian Bottled Water Association lays out the reasons why this increase unfairly targets a tiny portion of the water used in the province.
The bottled water industry uses less than 0.2% of the water that is used by commercial operations in Ontario. Elizabeth Griswold, Executive Director of Canadian Bottled Water Association states the industry is being targeted unreasonably. “My question to the government is what about the other 99.8%? To properly sustain the resource, everybody has to be involved.”
An article in the National Post, a Canadian daily newspaper, lists facts about the bottled water industry and the potential effects of the fee increase. The headline is: In the town that spring water built, Ontario Liberals’ proposed fee hike has employer weighing its future, which you can read here.
Share this news: